Edtech-challenges can deliver professional development to anywhere in the world that has an internet connection that can accept video streaming.
Services for teachers offered:
- Digital Skills for Teachers Course
- iPad Training
- Webinars on specific topics:
- What can eLearning do for your institution?
- Best apps to increase student engagement.
- Other services tailored to specific school requests - just ask!
The webinars offered will be delivered by Zoom video conferencing technology, not by Skype. Zoom offers world leading web conferencing technology.
The founder of edtech-challenges is Alan Pollock.
Alan's professional experience as an educational technologist
- has been working as an educational technologist since 2002, appointed as the CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) Co-ordinator at a university in the Middle East whilst also teaching in the classroom
- took a leading role in training teachers in the iPad-only initiative at a college in the United Arab Emirates
- has delivered over 400 professional development sessions since 2006
- presented 20 workshops on using technology in the classroom at conferences
- co-designer of Digital Media Course for students and teachers
Alan's teaching experience
- has taught English as a Foreign Language, at universities and language schools in Western Australia and abroad
- has also taught Social Studies, History, and Biology in high schools in Western Australia and abroad
- has been a teacher trainer, Director of Studies and Deputy Headmaster.